P-One Clinic (Hachioji, Tokyo) is seeking volunteers for an upcoming clinical study in mid November 2018. See below for details.
Clinical studies (also called “clinical trials”) are scientific tests to check the efficacy and safety of new drugs, medical devices, and healthcare procedures. They are conducted with the cooperation of willing volunteers and governed by the strict legal and ethical guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
Those who register and pass the initial selection will be invited to an information/consent session and screening health check (Oct 29 or Nov 1) at P-One Clinic. Volunteers that pass the screening will be invited to participate in a test of a drug. They will join one of 3 study groups who will stay at the clinic for 3 nights in mid November and return several days later for a short follow up (specific dates below).
For this study, we are looking for individuals who meet all the conditions below:
- Healthy male aged 20 years to 45 years at time of screening
- BMI (body mass index) 18.0 to 30.0, and body weight 50 kg or more
- You are living in Japan with either Japanese nationality or a valid residence card
- You are willing to use an appropriate method of contraception (condoms etc.) for the two weeks of the study period
- You are willing to refrain from taking all medications/drugs and supplements from at least 1 week prior to study drug administration
- You are willing to refrain from consuming caffeine, xanthine, alcohol, grapefruits, grapefruit juice, tobacco, nicotine, or any product containing any of these from 24 hours before the study and during the study
If you meet any of the following conditions, you cannot participate in the study:
- You have a serious disease or a history of being treated for such a disease
- You have a history of allergies to drugs or food
- You participated in another study and took a different study drug within 12 weeks prior to the screening for this study
- You have a history of drug or alcohol abuse or addiction
*Please note: these are only a summary of the main requirements. Please register for further details.
Overnight Clinic Stay & Follow Up
Group 1 Schedule
Clinic stay: 11/13 (Tue) – 11/16 (Fri)
Follow up: 11/21 (Wed)
Clinic stay: 11/16 (Fri) – 11/19 (Mon)
Follow up: 11/24 (Sat)
Clinic stay: 11/19 (Mon) – 11/22 (Thu)
Follow up: 11/27 (Tue)
All volunteers will be compensated for their transportation and time. Please apply for further details.
If you interested in joining this study, the first step is to register with MVN. Click the button below for our registration page. For questions, email email@example.com
Medical Volunteer Network (MVN) connects non-Japanese volunteers with P-One Clinic, a medical research center in western Tokyo that specializes in clinical studies. In the 13 years since P-One Clinic was established in 2005, it has completed over 200 studies and has been conducting studies with non-Japanese volunteers since 2011.